Thursday, March 6, 2014

Got My Samsung Smart PC ATIV XE500T1C-H01PH

Got My Samsung Smart PC ATIV XE500T1C-H01PH
A short review of the gadget

Got my new gadget for this year the Samsung Smart PC ATIV XE500T1C-H01PH a Smart PC Tablet running on Windows 8. Bought it on March 2, 2014 in Samsung store. This is my first tablet that I have bought I plan on using this just for sketching and browsing stuff. I've seen a lot of reviews regarding this tablet and most of which are very positive reviews. I think this tablet was released last two years ago.






Most of the tablets within the 10 to 11" range that I browse and went through the tech stores in our area either has an Android or an Apple and no Windows OS yet on tablets. Most of the tablet at that time with Windows on it was the Surface Pro and Surface tablet but its very expensive at that time. Luckily I waited and Samsung got my interest on the tablet.

And to make the long story short the tablet was ok very responsive with its stylus pen but just a little lag on it maybe because of the hardware limitations. This tablet has a 2gb of Ram, a Dual core Intel Clover Trail Atom processor running at 1.8.

Here using an Adobe Photoshop CS6
I've installed some drawing programs like Adobe Photoshop CS6 and Manga Studio 5.0 both of which can handle it fine. The only program that struggles is CS6 because as we all know CS6 is really hungry for power. On the other hand Manga Studio 5.0 runs it very well and it isn't much using lot of power compare to the CS6. The only thing that I complain there was the stylus when I draw on the screen it isn't much of a 1:1 ratio when you draw. It lags around 1:6 ratio meaning its like it has seconds to follow your pen pointer again I think it might have been on the hardware limitation side or the software itself don't know.

Here using a Manga Studio 5.0
Drawing on this tablet is a breeze and this is the first time that I draw on a screen and I think that this is as close as you get to a Wacom Cintiq companion. But of course I still dream of owning a Wacom Cintiq but the problem is that its uber expensive so I'm looking for an alternative to it and I found this tablet. Another complaint is the stylus is too small. I got this tablet without its keyboard dock so its ok for me since I already have a Logitech wireless keyboard I tested my Logitech wireless keyboard the K400R keyboard with a touch pad on the tablet and it works the wireless receiver just picked it up instantly and using the keyboard.

Over all If you want a tablet with a Windows 8 and uses a stylus and you are an artist then this is the tablet for you. My score for this was 8/10 why because of the stylus lag I hope they fix the stylus lag.

For those who have this let me know your tips and tricks in using this tablet.  

No comments:

Post a Comment